Friday, October 8, 2010

Chapter 6: Conditional Claim & Contradictory

1).Please discuss, in detail, what you learned from reading Chapter 6.  Discuss at least 2 things you learned. 


Conditional Claim
In general, we know a condition is something that has a requirement in order for something to happen or exist.  It is the same way for claim.  A conditional claim can be determined by a "If A, then B" statement; however, you treat the entire statement as one claim, not as two separate claims.  "A" + "B" = one claim and both must have equal truth value.
Example:
If I go out tonight, then I would probably not have time to do my homework.

Contradictory of Conditional Claim
In contrast to the Condition claim, the Contradictory Conditional Claim a "If A but not B" statement.  In a conditional claim, we are saying that when one thing happens (A), then this will happen (B) ; however in the contradictory, we are saying if one thing happens (A), then this will not happen (B).
Example:
Even if I go out tonight, I would still probably have time to do my homework.



No comments:

Post a Comment