Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Comm41 Online Experience

2). What was your favorite thing about this class?  What was your least favorite thing about this class?  How can this class be improved?


Out of my entire college experience and school education experience, this is my first online class I have ever taken.  I was not too sure what to expect and curious how an online class may work and how it is structured.  After taking this course, Comm41 with Professor Perez, I have found this was a great experience.  My favorite thing about this class, in particular, was probably the whole idea that this class was online.  What I mean is is that I had the ability and the convenience to do the work and weekly assignments at my own time and convenience.  It made times flexible and yet it was still structured and had its limitations to make sure I would not slack off and continue doing the weekly assignments and work.  My least favorite thing about this class was having to try interpret the book ourselves.  For example, some things in the Epstein book would be worded very confusing and I would catch myself rereading it and saying to myself "what?" or "huh?" because the way it was worded.  To improve that, I think next time I can maybe post up questions under the professor's comments for the blog of that week for quick clarifications.  It probably didn't hit my right away because it was never really pointed out.  Or also, maybe the professor can post up some quick overviews of essential concepts.  I remember this occurring in some blog, but it did not continue.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog on your favorites and least favorites about our Critical thinking and decision making class. I agree with your favorites of the class. I like how it was an online class, we did not have to worry about missing class and were able to work at home. This was actually my second online class; but the best experience so far. I agree with your statement about being confused with some of the readings from the text, although some were a bit difficult to understand, I think they were all useful concepts. Overall, the class was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also picked the online part as one of my favorite things in this class. I really enjoyed it and i'm glad to see you did too. I also agree with you about the book. I suggested in my blog post that we have video lecture like some other online classes. I think it would really help us get into the book and we could see a teacher for real. But i'm glad to see somebody is enjoying the same things that I've enjoyed in this class. It's so weird we've been in this class for the entire semester, but yet I have no idea how the teacher would teach in the regular setting. over all good job on the analysis.

    ReplyDelete